Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Everything is Beautiful

The time has come for you to explore the world
So spread those wings and soar on high
Don't you worry as I will hold your hand
As we discover that life is indeed grand.


In just a few days, my little princess will turn one. That means this time last year she was still in my womb...all cozy and waiting to come out to greet the world. That the only contact I had with her was holding my tummy and feeling her move around. A kick here, a nudge there. That the closest communication was feeling her heartbeat. Such a soothing rhythm. A constant reminder that I am responsible for this little one's life.

That means that it is almost a year since I heard her first cry, since I first saw her when they put her against my cheek, since I first held her tiny little body against mine. All the challenges and hardship suddenly disappeared. There was a feeling of calmness, of new found strength.

That means it has been months when I witnessed her first smile, her first roll over, her first tooth, her first meal, her first crawl, her first words. With every little new thing, joyful tears streamed. There was a sense of fulfillment, of blissful satisfaction.

That means I was there during her first bout of colds, cough, fever, rash, diarrhea, constipation, and all those illnesses that are new to her. I felt so helpless that the only thing I could do was hug her and whisper to her that everything will be all right. And at the same time I was praying to God to guide me. And He did. As always.

Looking back, it was just beautiful.

And everything is still beautiful.

It was just days ago that this once-very-helpless darling started walking. And with each step, I could not help but sacrifice a tear. I am so proud of her. She has grown so much in such a short span of time. And I was there to see everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home