Monday, October 22, 2007

Three Showers for a Baby :)

No one has ever thrown me a party before...much more three for one occasion! It crossed my mind to organize my own baby shower but I guess there came no push from within strong enough to make me actually do it. So I let it go.

Surprised was I to learn that someone close to my heart (as she is like a sister to me), together with her mom in the US, was brewing something up. All I had to do was come up with a guest list and that's it. So it wasn't a surprise party in its very essence because I know the when-where-who but all the other elements were kept from me. The afternoon turned out really well what with the yummy food (which made me come back for more), the games (which made me really excited), and the gifts (which brought me closer to reality that I am about to give birth soon). I was (and still am) moved by everything...I really loved it!

All the while I was thinking that a baby shower is a girls-only thing. It was quite difficult not to include my one and only brother, girlfriends' significant others, and my peers (most of which were boys) from high school and college in the abovementioned shower. Then an idea struck one-third of the trio and she decided to organize another shower a week later with our high school barkada. Simple gathering at our friend's condo. More catching up since I had been out of reach for several months. Great pizza, fantastic cake, and a lot of unique recipes for tuna and sky flakes combo--care of the guys who would try anything to please their hunger!

Just when I thought I had been so lucky for having two baby showers, something unexpected happened. It was the usual Sunday morning. I was checking my email when a chat window popped up; it was my dear sister in the US inviting for voice and webcam chat. Very surprised was I to see my family and relatives holding up a streamer, balloons, gifts, and other party stuff...greeting and congratulating me. I instantly got teary eyed...I miss them so much and for them to do that was really beyond what I would ever expect. Now that was truly my first ever surprise party...a virtual one at that. One by one they showed me their gifts and well wishes. I was amazed when I learned they even had games and everybody had fun!

----------
Truth be told that I had to fight back tears a number of times because I really felt overwhelmed. Despite some being of "less happy" origin brought about by loneliness and longing for the ideal scenario, most of my tears were of happy origin because I truly felt important, loved, and cared for by my friends, my family, and those who treat me like family (I appreciate all of you). I am happy knowing that my little girl will be blessed with wonderful people. I can never thank you enough (and you know who you are) for making me feel this way :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home