Monday, July 23, 2007

Milestones

May - 4th month
No more dizziness. No more woes. No more morning sickness blues! :)

I heard my baby's hearbeat for the first time--a confirmation that something alive is inside of me. The first few beats instantly turned my tear factory into high gear! Man, I couldn't stop my tears! I didn't think it would have such a huge impact because I was not exactly looking and feeling un-pregnant that I needed a confirmation. But to actually HEAR the rhythmic beat of life is a momentous event. No one can blame me for overreacting...it was just so wonderful :)

June - 5th month
Patience is a virtue.

The wait at the clinic was unusually long. For some strange reason, a whole lot of people were lined up to see my doctor on that day. Hmmm...why are all these women going for an OB consult today? Weird. Is it really the fertility year as many people have observed? (Well, that's another topic.)

What made the wait worthwhile was this little boy about 5 years old. He took an instant liking in me. Whenever he would talk, he would hold my arm or my shoulder making sure that I was listening to his stories or queries on Spiderman 3 (which I never saw), Trinoma (which I've never been), and tons of things he found amusing. He shared what his favorite car is, the directions to his house, where his tita works, etc. He was also curious where I live, study, my favorite food, and he was even inquisitive about my tummy and what's inside. (It's amazing how minds of children work!) He then left my side to be with his mom, dad and brother. But before he left the clinic, he went back and sang me a song. Now wasn't that lovely? He left me there smiling...I'll soon have my own 5-year-old and I'll try my best to answer all the questions :)

Then came the ultrasound. Oh, it was just breathtaking! It was one of those moments you'd want time to freeze and wait for you to snap out of it--yes, Aia, it's true that you're carrying a tiny human being inside your growing belly. Another confirmation. Another bout of tear production. It's one thing to hear and it's another to SEE what's inside! Even if the gender was not confirmed, I could never be more happy and more relieved to find out that things are normal (you see I wasn't exactly living a healthy lifestyle until it really dawned on me that I'll be a momma soon, which was what several weeks into the pregnancy.)

July - 6th month
I've got you under my skin...

Not only have I seen and heard my little one, now I can FEEL the kicks and punches; and twists and turns--a strong baby this one! These are the times when you'd see me looking down, holding my tummy, and smiling. I enjoy anticipating each movement and watching the waves on my belly, especially after eating a hearty meal or drinking a glass of milk. Even if sometimes it startles me or hurts, it's okay...I just think of it as mi bebe's way of saying, "hi momma!" :)


Cheers to the last trimester...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home